Saturday, August 04, 2007

Simple Mindfulness

Thich Nhat Hanh does a fantastic job on presenting the practices of Buddhism. In this video you'll find his lecture on mindfulness quite insightful, or at least I found it insightful!



In this first talk of a week-long mindfulness retreat for people of color, Zen Master the Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh – whom Martin Luther King, Jr. nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize – gives instruction in the basic mindfulness practices of sitting meditation, walking meditation, and awareness of the present moment.


Some other lecture videos worth looking into:

Thich Nhat Hanh - Throwing Away
Thich Nhat Hanh - To Touch Life, Come Home to Yourself
Thich Nhat Hanh - Social Change at the Base
Thich Nhat Hanh - Peace is every Step
Thich Nhat Hanh - Cultivating Happiness, Relieving Pain
Thich Nhat Hanh - A Call For Collective Awakening
Thich Nhat Hanh - Birth and Death are Just a Game of Hide and Seek

All of these video lectures of Thich Nhat Hanh have been brought to you by:

deerparkmonastery.org

NAMASTE!

3 comments:

YoUnicorn said...

hi Poly
I could not open any of the links.
But I am sure it is a good info.
As Buddhism, from diff sources is quite enrichening !!

Take good care my friend
Yolanda

polyb said...

Hey Yolanda!

The links work fine from my end. If you goto google video you should be able to find all of these video lectures under the titles listed. IIRC you use dial up and that may be causing you some issues with the linking. Other than that I don't know what to say. :(

His lectures are very interesting and appeal to my pragmatism. Of course getting different sources allows one a luxury of perspective. Narrowly perceiving things has too many drawbacks!

Take care!
polyb

YoUnicorn said...

Hi Poly
I have a better connection now.

Contact me ? !!!
You have my emails, right?
Hope you are doing well my friend

Cheers !
Yolanda